AVIONICS TECHNICIAN, TROUBLESHOOTER
Clay Lacy Aviation has been providing private jet services around the globe since 1968. Taking pride in the pursuit of perfection is at the center of everything that we do. Our most valuable asset is our experienced team. If you are goal-oriented, dedicated, proactive, and enjoy a customer-centric culture, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
We are currently seeking an experienced Avionics Technician with strong troubleshooting skills. Qualifications include a minimum of 2 to 3+ years of troubleshooting, avionics maintenance, and installation experience with Corporate jets.
Individual will be responsible for reporting to the Avionics Manager/Supervisor to ensure tasks assigned are carried out in accordance with Repair Station Manual procedures and manufacturer specifications.
Each Clay Lacy Technician will be properly certified in accordance with FAR Part 145.151 to perform maintenance, preventative maintenance, upgrades and alterations.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Minimum of 2 to 3+ years Corporate avionics and instrument troubleshooting, repair, and installation
- Multiple platform experience desirable [Gulfstream, Global, Falcon, Challenger, Cessna, etc.]
- FCC, Military Avionics or Avionics Associates’ degree a plus
- Expertise in RVSM checks as well as 91.411/413 and CVR/ELT
- Strong troubleshooting and system repair abilities
- Familiarity with Air Data Systems, Altitude Reporting/Transponder System Testing
- Satcom, Datalink, Weather Radar, TCAS, EGPWS FANS and WIFI Systems knowledge or experience
- A&P license a plus
- AA or equivalent desirable
- Minimum 3+ years Corporate/Business jet avionics experienced required.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the contents of the Repair Station Manual and the Quality Manual.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Avionics Manager, Avionics Supervisor or Lead
- Ensure all tasks assigned and completed conform to industry standards, OEM Technical Data & Clay Lacy Aviation RSM / QCM Manuals.
- Comply with all safety, efficiency, and quality standards, including HAZMAT and OSHA.
- Maintain shop equipment and tooling.
- Maintain personal appearance and uniforms to company standards.
- Avionics Systems Testing, Troubleshooting, Maintenance & Installations
- Keep the shop, workspaces, and aircraft work areas clean and organized.
- Additional duties as directed.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptionally strong and demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- A critical ability to analyze, identify and install avionics solutions across a multi-brand aircraft fleet
- Self-directed project management skills; including timeline & budget management
- Professional troubleshooting expertise with glass cockpits and across the whole aircraft avionics spectrum
- Ability to navigate FAA regulations and STC compliance matters
- Robust knowledge of IFR Certifications and ADS-B installations
- Willingness to learn new Airframes, Cabin Management/Entertainment Systems, and Avionics systems.
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Installations and troubleshooting experience with a good understanding of Avionics & Electrical Systems, Operations, and Interfacing
- Must have experience, knowledge, and understanding of hand tooling, wire strippers, and crimpers
- Must possess own tooling
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented with strong communications skills
- Accountable, trustworthy and dependable and comfortable working as part of a team for the benefit of the entire group
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K), and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Positions in this classification are considered safety-sensitive under DOT/FAA drug and alcohol regulations.
How to Apply
38 total views, 2 today