Commercial Airline Pilot – First Officer Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 188 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Supports aircraft Captain by ensuring safe and timely piloting of aircraft and performing other aircraft management duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to this position as needed.
- Provides the Captain with proper planning of each flight utilizing all applicable weather information and reports in accordance with Company policies and procedures and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs).
- Determines that the aircraft is air-worthy in accordance with FARs and Company policies and procedures; completes appropriate preflight inspections.
- Along with the Captain, ensures the flight is planned and fueled properly so that the flight may be conducted safely and in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Safely, properly and effectively operates the aircraft during the designated period of duty in accordance with the Captain’s instruction, FARs, and Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the equipment operated, FARs governing the operation of equipment, and manuals, policies, procedures, and other instructions.
- Notifies crew and passengers of turbulent weather conditions or any other operational factors affecting the flight.
- Completes the load manifest for each flight.
- Contributes to a reliable and on-time operation by assisting the Captain in meeting all report times, departure times, and minimum turn times.
- While at the terminal, assists with and ensures proper handling of aircraft, passengers, baggage, and cargo.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance according to Company procedures and practices.
- Presents a professional appearance and adheres to the Company uniform dress code.
- Conducts self professionally at all times while on duty and observes the Rules of Conduct for all associates as outlined in the Flight Operations Manual, Associate Handbook and other related policies and procedures.
- Continues professional training towards upgrading performance and abilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Company and the Captain.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must meet the minimum requirements for an ATP or RATP certificate.
- ATP written is preferred.
- Meet the current interview and hiring minimum age and flight hours requirements set by the FAA and Company.
If a candidate interviews with the interview minimums, but not the hiring minimums, s/he will be eligible for hire upon successful completion of the interview process if s/he:
- Meets the Hiring Minimums within six months of the interview date.
- Has no certificate action since the date of the interview.
- Has no misdemeanors or felonies since the interview date.
- Accepts class date within six months of the interview date.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Prior customer service experience, preferably in an aviation environment.
Ability to read, analyze, interpret and understand technical procedures and governmental regulations, sometimes quickly and under stressful or emergency situations. Able to effectively present information to and respond to questions from management, dispatch, crew, passengers, air traffic control, and the general public. Able to speak and be understood in English, including shouted verbal commands during emergency situations.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Capable of interpreting a variety of and multiple instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to remain calm, think and react quickly in all types
of emergency situations including but not limited to: medical emergencies, aircraft decompression,
emergency evacuations, fires, security threats, passenger disturbances, turbulence, etc.
DECISION MAKING & IMPACT OF ERRORS
Makes decisions to support strategic direction. Decisions tend to be medium range and of medium significance with moderate consequences, but may in unusual situations be significant and have safety-of-flight consequences. Decisions could require additional expenditure of resources if not sound and may impact safety. Able to process information quickly and react in a positive manner during unexpected and/or serious situations. Capable of controlling personal and emotional responses and acting appropriately under high levels of stress.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, squat and/or crawl.
- Able to sit without standing for long periods of time.
- Capable of lifting or moving items at different heights weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Able to adhere to the visual demands set in the medical standards established by the FAA.
- Able to hear clearly verbal communications in person, on the telephone, and over a headset with ambient aircraft and passenger noise.
- Possess the stamina needed to work long days, on sequential days, with frequent change in temperatures, climate and weather conditions.
- Must be able to move about the aircraft and perform all required functions freely, effectively and quickly in confined environment.
- Must be able to sit in pilot’s seat or assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened without any modifications.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires the ability to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Withstand outdoor weather conditions within an open air hangar and on the flight line for extended periods.
- The noise level may be loud and use of headset is required.
- Willing and able to work extended duty periods on sequential days, as well as a varied schedule, including early morning, nights, overnights and weekends.
Travel up to 100% of the time, including nights, weekends, holidays and overnight stays. Able to work extended hours with lack of scheduling control and be ready to report to work with little notice. Willing to relocate based on the Company’s operational needs.
Republic Airline is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf%E2%80%8B .
- Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of about 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with about 1,000 daily flights to 100 cities in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under its major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. The airline employs about 5,700 aviation professionals.
How to ApplyApply here
62 total views, 1 today