Crew Coordinator Operations Omaha, Nebraska
The Crew Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the most efficient and logical use of crew resources to ensure the most effective aircraft utilization. They are responsible for following the crew scheduling guidelines and FAA regulations, regarding aircraft qualifications, crewmember legality, crew rest, crew duty time, and flight time regulations. The goal of the Crew Scheduling Coordinator is to ensure aircraft availability and safety by coordinating crew and aircraft schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Functions as a primary liaison between the Fleet Management team and Crewmembers in communicating information effectively and efficiently related to crewmember activities.
- Maintain situational awareness and use memory and cognition skills to properly schedule aircraft and crewmembers.
- Complete assigned daily tasks including updating crew activities in the Flight Operations System (FOS) schedule and timeline with all detailed and relevant notes, assigning crewmembers to trips, purchasing airline tickets, hiring contractors, and verifying legality of schedules and crewmembers.
- Communicate with crewmembers when they are released from duty or need to be available outside of standard standby/duty policies.
- Review monthly crewmember duty activity logs for accuracy, escalating any discrepancies to management.
- Coordinate with the Flight Training department to ensure all required crewmember training items are completed in a timely manner and no crew member is assigned where currency/medical/etc. expirations will affect daily operations.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Crew Move Incentive policy, communicate all costs associated with the policy to Fleet Management for schedule changes, and ensure those changes are updated correctly in FOS throughout the month.
- Facilitate and coordinate all logistics around crew swaps including purchasing airline tickets, advising rental cars, and assisting with hotel arrangements.
- Coordinate with contract agencies to locate, verify flight legality, and schedule contract crew and air hostesses when needed.
- Enter invoices for contract crew services daily, keeping crew service fees updated and accurate.
- Assist Accounting with crewmember expenses
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- BS/BA preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in a flight operations environment required
- Understanding of FAR’s Part 61/91/135 relating to flight time, duty time, and rest time regulations is preferred
- Understanding of aircraft types and qualifications
- Complete tasks accurately and in a detailed manner while working in a fast-paced environment
- High level of cognition and memory functions
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Self-motivated with the ability to work individually or as a team
- Team player with the ability to work cross functionally with multiple departments simultaneously
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Majority of work is completed in a normal office work environment and operating in and around aircraft
- Communicate through verbal, written and electronic means
- Operate office equipment such as telephone, computer, printer, fax, postage meter, etc.
- Move up to 25 pounds on an infrequent basis
- Access filing cabinets, drawers and shelves of varying heights
How to Apply
115 total views, 1 today