EASA CHIEF FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR FLORIDA, USA
OSM Aviation Academy is currently looking for an experienced EASA flight instructor to support our EASA flight training ambitions in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Your role will be to act as the EASA Chief Flight instructor and be part of the local management team.
Responsibilities (not exhaustive)
- Close communication and report to the Head of Training.
- Manage a safe flight operation with a high level of quality.
- Ensure that flight training is given in accordance with set standards laid down by the HT, and report on flight training issues.
- Assure student progress and ensure efficiency and continuity of all training.
- Recruitment, onboarding, and coaching of new flight instructors.
- Ensure standardization of flight instructions.
- Ensure that instructor meeting are held.
- Ensuring that necessary prerequisites/permits of staff and students are fulfilled.
- Authorize personnel for Daily Inspection.
- Communicate/coordinate with relevant instances such as the planning dept.
- Have the right to work and live in the United States.
- English, language proficiency “ICAO” level 5 or higher, or “proficient” as per FAA.
- No criminal record or accidents.
- Have at least:
- 1000h as PIC.
- 500h Dual given which of 200h may be as instrument ground time.
- Hold current licenses and ratings for
- FAA CFI
- FAA CFI-I
- FAA MEI
- EASA CPL or ATPL
- EASA SEP (Land) + IR
- EASA MEP(Land) + IR
- EASA FI(A) and privileges to act as an instructor according to:
- FCL.905.FI (e) (CPL Level instructions).
- FCL.905.FI (f) (Night Rating instructions).
- FCL.905.FI (h) (Instrument Rating instructions).
- FCL.905.FI (i) (Single Pilot Multi-Engine Class Rating Instruction for the issue of an MEP (Land) Ratings.
- 1000h as PIC.
- Privileges according to FCL.905.FI (j) (Flight Instructor Instructor).
- Previous experience from EASA Integrated ATP Training.
- Previous experience from FAA 141 training.
Who you are
To be successful in this role you should have excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills as you will be working closely with colleagues and our customers, the students.
You have a positive, team-oriented attitude and the ability to motivate and encourage the people around you.
Your work style is professional, organized, and efficient, and you experience both repetitive work and tasks that require “thinking outside the box” as interesting and rewarding.
You are reliable, concentrated, and thorough in your approach, and have a high-stress threshold.
You see your colleagues as the company’s main asset and feel motivated to work by the company motto ”It´s all about people”.
What we offer
- A great working environment with skilled and motivated coworkers.
- Attractive career possibilities with a great network of partners both within and outside of the OSM Aviation Group.
- Competitive conditions.
- All required Proficiency Check(s) paid for.
- EASA Medical Certificate renewals covered.
About our company
OSM Aviation Academy is one of the largest flight schools in Europe and has delivered professional flight training for individuals and airlines since 1963. OSM Aviation Academy currently provides theory- and flight training for international students at several training locations, with an ambition to grow and expand our operations further.
At present we are established in the following locations:
- Västerås, Sweden.
- Arendal, Norway.
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, U.S.A.
Our academy focuses on efficient integrated flight training programs tailored to prepare our students for an airline career. OSMAA has a well-organized Safety Management System (SMS) with the goal of continuously improving our educational programs and the flight safety.
OSMAA offers both government sponsored, Higher Vocational Education Program and self-sponsored flight training programs.
How to Apply
Please apply by the 16th of May at the latest. Applications will be handled continuously. The position requires prior approval from the Swedish Civil Aviation Authority (Transportstyrelsen) by application from OSM Aviation Academy.
How to Apply
324 total views, 3 today