Founded in 1910 and located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Mount Royal University grew into a vibrant college in the 1930s and became a mid-sized university in 2009. Mount Royal has carved out a distinct niche by offering smaller class sizes, a robust liberal education, and unique undergraduate programs. Currently, more than 14,000 credit students choose from 12 bachelor degrees and 35 majors.
About the Department of Aviation
Mount Royal University’s Aviation Diploma program has been in operation since 1970. The two-year program incorporates training on seven aircraft at Springbank airport along with three simulators. Students enter the program with a Private Pilot Licence and graduate with a Commercial Pilot Licence, Multi-Engine and Instrument ratings, and a Diploma in Aviation.
About the Role
Mount Royal University Aviation is looking to expand its team of professional and experienced flight instructors. We offer high quality instruction to students seeking a career in the airline industry. Our flight instructors not only teach in the aircraft, but also in the simulator, and sometimes ground school classes. All instructors will be expected to teach lessons from PPL through to Multi-IFR, once they are appropriately trained, and to have some administrative responsibilities in addition to working on the flight line. We employ our instructors on a full-time (40 hours/week), salaried basis. We are open 7 days a week, year-round with flight operations normally scheduled from 07:30 until as late as midnight.
- Current Instructor Rating and Medical
- Group 1 Instrument Rating
Preference will be given to applicants with some, or many, of the following:
- Class 1 or 2 Instructor Rating
- Multi-engine and/or IFR instructing experience
- Aviation industry experience
- Airline Transport Pilot Licence
- Aviation Degree or Diploma
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
Salary and Benefits
- Four-day work week opportunities
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Sick Days
- Health Spending Allowance
- All Statutory Holidays off
- Two weeks of paid vacation per year and additional paid days off during the Christmas closure (usually between 10 and 14 days)
- One hour of free Cessna time for each month worked
- Paid training and upgrades
- Paid written and flight tests, medicals, application fees
- Free use of FTD
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidates found
A cover letter and resume should be submitted in one .pdf formatted document. Please title your .pdf document as follows: [Last Name], [Position Applying For], [Requisition Number].pdf (ex. Smith, Flight Instructor, 999999.pdf).
How to Apply
8 total views, 1 today