Frontier Airlines First Officer
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
- Ensures the safe and timely completion of flight operations in accordance with all Company policies and Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR).
- Responsible for the operation of the aircraft during the designated period of duty unless relieved by Company authority. This involves operating the aircraft according to applicable Company policies and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Maintains a high degree of proficiency and a thorough knowledge of flight operations, procedures and systems applicable to the aircraft flown.
- Through completion of appropriate pre and post-flight inspection, ensures the airworthy condition of assigned aircraft in accordance with Company policy and Federal Aviation Regulation.
- Becomes familiar with existing and forecast departure, arrival, and if applicable, alternate station weather prior to each flight.
- Ensures that the flight is planned and fueled properly so that it may be conducted safely and in accordance with current policies and regulations.
- Assists with and ensures proper handling of aircraft, passenger, baggage, and cargo at terminal points where other company personnel are not available.
- Notifies crew and passengers promptly of turbulence, adverse weather conditions or any other operational factors affecting the flight.
- Ensures that the load manifest for a flight is reviewed and the passenger count is verified prior to each departure.
Requirements Qualifications Preferred Minimums:
- 2500 hours total time
- 750 hours multi-engine fixed wing
- 500 hours pilot in command (PIC)
- 500 hours jet/turbo-prop
Frontier considers only hours in fixed wing/ rotary aircraft as flight time towards minimum qualifications. Hours logged in flight simulators, or as flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, WSO, EWO, RIO, NFO, UAV, or Special Crew will not be considered as flight time for these purposes.
- Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Vision corrected to 20/20
- ATP Certificate
- FCC Restricted Radio Operator’s Permit
- Valid Passport, with machine readable print, and the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to travel in and out of the U.S. to all cities/countries served by Frontier Airlines, Inc.
- Ability to relocate
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, nights, holidays and overnight trips
- Ability and desire to maintain a well groomed and professional appearance
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug testing and background checks
- Experience with sophisticated aircraft equipment including Electronic Flight Instrument Systems (EFIS) and Flight Management Systems (FMS) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent communication skills to include ability to speak, read and write English.
- Ability to problem-solve and react positively to difficult situations.
Working Conditions: Equipment –
- Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
- iPad, Electronic Tablet
- Aircraft Controls
- Company manuals
- Navigation charts
Work Environment –
- Inside and outside environment
- Exposure to weather and elevated noise levels
- Various work schedule to include weekends, nights, and holidays
- Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Physical Effort –Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
How to Apply
116 total views, 2 today